For more information, please fill out the form.
Emergency First Aid with CPR & AED
In this one-day course, students will learn to recognize and provide interventions for life-threatening emergencies until medical aid arrives. The course is geared towards educating citizens about the prevention of emergencies and how to react to an emergency should one arise.
Participants will gain knowledge in the following areas:
- Disease Management & Biohazards
- The Emergency Medical Services System
- Scene Management
- Head, Spine and Pelvic Injuries
- Bleeding Management and Shock
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Sudden Medical Conditions
- Airway and Breathing Emergencies
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- AED Overview
This course is approved federally by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) and provincially by each applicable WSIB/WCB. The certification is valid for three (3) years from the date of course.