Drywall & Painting Course 🖌️
- Drywall installation techniques, requirements and specifications for residential construction
- Measuring, cutting and fitting drywall sheets for installation on walls and ceilings
- Cutting and installing metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
- Installing metal and wooden stud framing and furring for interior drywall
- Plastering walls and ceilings, using hand and power tools
- Cutting openings in lath for heating and ventilation piping, ducts and electrical outlets
- Installing corner beads and wire mesh around beams and joints to which plaster is to be applied
- Preparing and cleaning surfaces using methods such as scraping and sanding
- Repairing cracks and holes in walls using different techniques
- Taping techniques and variety of compounds.
- Filling joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife.
- Taping over joints using taping tools.
- Painting techniques with brush and rollers.
- Applying successive coats of different start to finishing compounds.
Application of oil, acrylic, alkyd, latex based paints and stains.
Request Brochure & More Information
15:58 08 Aug 22
This is an amazing course!! This school is the only school that allows you to take part time classes. During this time, I learned the theory and terminology of the construction industry. Most importantly, I gained the hands on experience with working with tools and learning how to build a house. All the teachers are amazing as they explain everything thoroughly and are helpful in assisting and guiding you to do things correctly.
16:33 19 Jul 22
The Home Reno and Construction program is an excellent technical program for those seeking a job in the booming construction industry. This program covers all the essential topics such as home foundations and framing, flooring, drywall, and painting in a 12 week time frame and provides hands - on training which is essential in mastering any application and building to the Canadian standards/ codes. Outside of the core topics, basics are also taught on electrical work and plumbing, making the curriculum well-rounded. Overall, lectures brought a wealth of knowledge and kept classes engaging and concise. I’d highly recommend this program to anyone who is seeking to transition to the construction industry.
15:48 06 Jul 22
I recently completed the part time construction course at York Construction Academy and have to say it was a wonderful experience. All the teachers were very knowledgable as well as supportive. Even thought the first half was theory on line, Nardo the instructor was able to make it very interesting, full of excellent tips and fun. Steve and B were both great with the practical part in the second half. Being a real estate agent I initially signed up so I could better advise my clients in the buying and selling of homes but I ended up gaining the confidence to build my own garage which I would have never have dreamed of taking on. You get what you put in so if you’re willing to learn and get a little dirty you won’t be disappointed. You will also make new friends in the process. Since I’ve finished Vlad the owner of the school continues to be helpful with advice and recommendations.
19:08 10 Jan 22
I went into York Construction Academy without any construction background, but leaving YCA pretty confident with my new set of skills. The school makes you feel welcome regardless of your skill level. Our theoretical instructor, Nardo, was awesome at teaching. Probably one of the best instructors I've ever had. Everything was delivered smoothly. He made sure everyone understood the lessons, went into the smallest details, and answered all of our questions. Steve, and B were great practical instructors that guided us throughout the whole process of building a small house inside the school's facility. The school could also help with job placement if you need one. Kudos to Vlad and the team.
14:00 26 Sep 21
Such a professional people. Knowledgeable and skillful. Most importantly, they teach in practical ways. You get to build a whole house in practical classes. Also they will find you jobs if you are interested. They know the right people. Good way to get in the construction game. Comparing to all the materials and tools you use during the classes, it is very reasonably priced. Nardo, Steve, queen B they all are amazing and very passionate people. And Vlad, The boss! Great guys.